The Beginner's Guide to Edwardian Undergarments





"All the undergarments you need to bulk out your Edwardian frills and flounces! Contains historic and reproduction photos of garments, links to expert masterposts, and links to free patterns where available. Learn what layers you need to make, and how to construct them. Look like a wasp-wasted, pigeon-chested, bird-nest-headed beauty in no time! "

Click to view my slideshow of research on what to wear under your Edwardian gowns. I am very new to historic costuming, and feel so overwhelmed by SO MUCH INFORMATION - so many eras and details and variants. I've started making powerpoints to keep research straight in my head. I prefer this over Pinterest, as it's easier to add notes and links, and keep things in a logical order (and because I find Pinterest's marketing strategy utterly abhorrent, the ways it pesters you until you get an account :p)

Please download the slideshow if you can, allowing you to follow the links. The links contain a lot more context and research, from people who actually know what they are talking about, and often have close-up photos or assembly instructions.

I hope you find this a useful thing! Over the next few weeks I'm going to start assembling some of these costume pieces for myself.

UPDATE: How could I miss off this free 1910 brassiere pattern from Historically Dressed?

Comments

Popular Posts